The IELTS Exam has become the most preferred English-language proficiency measure for non-native speakers intending to undertake academic and non-academic training, find employment, or immigrate to Australia.
Cambridge College International accommodates the wide needs for exam preparation in offering IELTS preparation courses to overseas students. The College’s IELTS Preparation Program has been carefully developed following the advice of experienced IELTS teachers, to ensure the program best serves the needs of students arriving in Australia.
The aim of the IELTS Preparation Course is to:
- Familiarise students with all elements of the IELTS test
- Provide test taking skills and strategies to maximise student band scores
- Assist students to achieve the band score they need
Entry level requirement: Upper-Intermediate Level/IELTS 5.5
From 4 to 16 weeks.
Assessment during the course is ongoing and conducted monthly. The course programme incorporates sample practice IELTS tests and tasks to guarantee an authentic IELTS test experience. Each test consists of four components: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Face-to-face learning.
- Whole class/group/pair/individual work.
- Groups of max. 18 students.
The IELTS preparation course is designed to provide:
- A structured and professionally developed course program.
- Practice tests.
Extension tasks are developed to:
- Avoid adherence to the course book only.
- Provide further development of skills and knowledge where required.
- Allow teachers to develop their own material in response to student needs.
Allow students to experience different approaches to English language learning.
- IELTS Preparation General Module - for those planning to undertake non-academic training or gain work experience
- IELTS Preparation Academic Module - intended for those wishing to enrol in universities and other higher education institutions
Learners who successfully meet the criteria to complete the IELTS Preparation Course may be eligible for direct entry into vocational courses or university.
Morning Classes (Monday – Thursday):
|8.45am – 10.45am||Lesson 1|
|10.45am – 11.00am||Break 1|
|11.00am – 1.00pm||Lesson 2|
|1.00pm – 1.30pm||Break 2|
|1.30pm – 2.30pm||Lesson 3|
Evening Classes (Monday – Friday):
|4.00pm – 6.00pm||Lesson 1|
|6.00pm – 6.30pm||Break 1|
|6.30pm – 8.30pm||Lesson 2|
Please download Application Form here.