Cancellation and Refund Policy
Under Standard 7 of the National Code 2007, except for special circumstances, registered providers are restricted from enrolling and transferring students prior to completing the first six months of the principal course of study. In the unlikely event that Cambridge College International (CCI) is unable to deliver an enrolled course in full; students will be offered a refund of all the course moneys paid to date for this course. The refund will be paid within two weeks (10 business days) of the day on which the course ceased being provided. Alternatively, students may be offered enrollment in an alternative course offered by CCI at no additional cost. Students have the right to choose whether they would prefer a full refund of course fees, or to accept a place in another course. If students choose placement in another course, the College will ask them to sign a document to indicate that they accept the placement. If the College is unable to provide a refund or place students in an alternative course the Tuition Protection Scheme (TPS) will attempt to place students in a suitable alternative course or, if this is not possible, they will be eligible for a refund as calculated by the TPS Director. Further information is to be obtained as required from the official TPS website tps.gov.au or phone number on 02 6271 3440.
- 1. The Enrollment Fee, Accommodation Placement Fees and Airport Pick-Up Fees are non-refundable whether you complete your course or not.
- 2. A $350 fee is payable for administering course cancellation after course commencement.
- 3. Where a student has cancelled prior to commencement a fee of $150 is charged for processing the refund, except in visa rejection cases.
- 4. An administrative charge of $100 is made to vary an application e.g. Change of Start Date, Change of Course
- 5. Tuition Fees and OSHC are refunded in full if your visa application is rejected and you provide official written notification of the refusal from the Australian Government.
- 6. Student Default: No refund will be made if a student:
- - has given false or misleading information
- - fails to comply with the conditions of enrolment at the College
- - is in breach of their visa requirements as imposed by the Australian Government
- - withdraws after the commencement date of the course
- 7. Tuition fee refund: If you give written notice of your intention to withdraw from a course
- - 40 days of more before the commencement date, tuition fees will be refunded less a cancellation fee of 15%.
- - more than 5 days before the commencement date, tuition fees will be refunded less a cancellation fee of 30%.
- - less than 5 days before course commencement date, tuition fees will be refunded less a cancellation fee of 45%.
Refund procedures: You must complete the Refund Application Form. Your refund will be processed within 4 weeks of receipt of your completed refund application if it includes all the required documents. A written statement will be provided to the student to explain how the refund is calculated.
- 8. Where 2 or more courses are packaged, the conditions apply to all elements. Note that for packaged courses, the course start date is taken to be the start date of the first course.
- 9. Commencement of the course is defined as the course start date recorded in the first Application form submitted by the student or agent and not subsequent changes to the starting date.
- 10. All refunds will attract an administration charge of $150.00, except for visa refusal.
- 11. Course and other Fees are not transferable to another student or institution but may be transferred to another course within the College at the discretion of the College.
- 12. Any approved refunds are made payable to and sent to the student or his/her agent, in the country of origin as applicable in Australian dollars.
- 13. Bank charges are deducted for refunds made by bank draft or electronic transfer.
- 14. Fees for services paid to education agents by students are not covered by this refund policy.
- 15. This refund policy applies to all tuition fees paid to the College and includes any tuition fees paid to an education agent to be remitted to the College.
- 16. All refund considerations will be strictly limited to the monies paid, which the College has received from the student as tuition fees only. i.e. exclusive of all non-refundable fees and agents’ commission (whether this commission was deducted before or after student payment payment to the College).
- 17. Students are encouraged to view the College student handbook as part of their enrollment. Please refer to our website Cambridge College International, section Student Zone/Student Handbook
- 18. This policy does not remove the right of the student to take further action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws: